Tuesday, December 1, 2009

In preparation for tomorrow's class

In the second part of the class, where we discuss the reflections, I'd like you to think back to Monday where we talked about personal mastery as following intrinsic motivation and perhaps losing a sense of self with that, getting so absorbed in the activity. I'd like to know whether that ever happened with the reflections and thus if you came to look forward to writing them.

Of course, on the flip side, there is writer's block. Believe it or not, I have it too on occasion, some quite recently. It is pretty common, even among very accomplished writers. Since I'm a big fan of The West Wing (the TV show), I thought might like to read or view (below, the audio needs to be cranked up) this scene where Toby, the main speech writer for the President talks about his problems with writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment